Σ12 (SIGMA12) is an arcade game, a maths puzzle and a rhythm game all at once.
Manipulate cubes in a full 3D environment, play with the perspective to find new combo opportunities, add numbers that total 12 (Σ12), find the DNA strand hidden in each level and match the music’s rhythm to get more points and power-ups.
- Toucharcade.com – ‘Sigma12’ Review – Numbers, Rhythm and Score (Oh My)
- Ipaditalia.com – Σ12 (Sigma12): cubo tridimensionale più matematica uguale puzzle game
- Appgefahren.de – Sigma12: Mathematisches Puzzle für iPhone & iPad fordert Gehirnzellen
- 148apps.com – Σ12 (Sigma12) Review
Where to get it :
Full version :
Free version :
As our first original IP and first game published by iq12, Σ12 (SIGMA12) is based on the original gameplay developed by Christophe Choffel for the “One Game A Month” online contest, under the name 12=12. He’s responsible for the game’s design and artistic direction. Arnaud Gatouillat ported and optimized the game’s code, while Samuel Pott took care of publishing and QA.
First a Unity3D prototype, Σ12 (SIGMA12) is developed in ActionScript3 and published with the Adobe AIR framework on multiple platforms, including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and probably BlackBerry 10 in the near future. Flare3D is the 3D engine and the Starling framework is used for all the graphical user interface. The Flox framework is the backbone of our statistics and scoring systems.
Find the DNA strand hidden in each level by destroying selections of cubes that total 12.
Drag your finger on the colorfull background to rotate the 3D camera.
Drag your finger over the cubes until their sum equals 12 to destroy them !
Earn more points and better power-ups by releasing your finger in synch with the game’s music. Wait for the two circles around your finger to be superposed for a perfect synchronisation.
Special cubes :
- Bomb : Explodes when selected and destroy its neighbouring cubes. Can cause some cubes to burn !
- Burnt cube : This cube is not selectable and can only be destroy with the power of a bomb or LASER.
- Divider : Divide your selection’s value by 2.
- Echolocator : Allows you to get a clue about where the DNA strand is hidden.
- Joker : When included in a selection, this cube can take any value from 1 to 5.
- LASER : Instantly destroys a full row of cubes !
- Multiplier : Multiplies your current selection’s value by 2.
- Mutagene : Transforms its neighbouring cubes into special cubes.
- Timer : Add 5 seconds to the game’s timer.
- Switcher: The value of this special cube changes with every beat of the music.
- Direction, art, music, proto: Christophe Choffel
- Lead code, publishing: Arnaud Gatouillat
- Design, publishing: Samuel Pott